Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 1, 2010

Ryan Kate @ 3 months!




With the end of January bringing Kella's 3rd birthday, it also marked Ryan turning 3 months old! When you're in the moment it seems like we will never forget all that is happening, but how soon all the details fade away. The following will be, basically, notes for myself to refer back to on down the road. We have been blessed, yet again, with another even-tempered, happy baby! Ryan started sleeping through the night, in 5-7 hr. increments @ 4 weeks. One night she slept for 10.5 hrs and has done it ever since. She has consistently slept for 10-12 hrs each night, gets up around 8am, eats and goes back down till noon, sometimes 1pm. We have 2 other feedings at 3 & 6. Last feeding is usually between 9-10pm then strait to bed. I don't think we were too regimented with Kella's schedule, since she & I were always on the go and she learned very early to roll with the punches and be a little flexible with eating, sleeping, etc. I am trying to do the same with Ryan. She started taking her paci a couple of weeks ago, she has a pretty sensitive gag reflex, but after many efforts she loves it! Since she wouldn't take a bottle, we thought if we mastered the paci, she might be more prone to a bottle, so far it has worked.
We are huge advocates for the book, "Baby Wise". We feel it made Kella such an independant sleeper & child. I don't ever remember a time that she acted needy, other than when she's sick. We are using the same principles with Ryan, but we have found that we aren't lingering outside the bedroom door, anxiously waiting for her to stop crying. She is pretty pooped in the evenings, and all she wants is fed, paci and her bed! I lay her down no later than 10pm and she doesn't make a peep until about 8:30am!
I love this last picture. Kella always (and still does) suck on these exact fingers, only Kella is a righty, not lefty!