Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 26, 2010

Child's play!


Here's Kella sporting her new headband. Since we are still in the "patiently waiting on Kella's hair to grow in" stage. We are always looking for creative things to put in her hair. I found this tie-dye number at babies r us this week!






Kella has been asking for a microphone way before Christmas got here, so luckily she got 2 this year! She did have one that hooked up to a keyboard that she would rock out, but too much slobber quickly ended that. We have mini-concerts most days. We take turns while one sings the other plays the drums and vice versa. It's too much fun! This is a tribute to my sweet friend, Stephanie, who used to "concert" with me in our dorm room freshman year at OSU. (Still love me some Terri Clark and "wild horses" will never be the same!)



Ryan usually hangs out on the bed while Kella & I do our thing. We love to entertain her, she thinks we are too funny! She makes for an easy crowd to please, that girl smiles all the time. Even when she cries sometimes, she will give a big, cheesy grin in the middle of the cry. It makes me laugh every time. What a sweet spirit she has!


Don't judge! Doesn't everyone want to be a fairy-butterfly-bunny-princess?! Love the socks with the heels!


Kipp built this table for Kella's room - a doctor AND a carpenter - YUMMY!
My intentions were to have a piece of glass cut for the top. One- for protection and Two- I thought it would be fun to put pictures, art work, etc. under the glass to display. Who knew getting glass cut was so expensive - yikes! So, I will just add a coat of poly and call it done. I added an embellishment with her initials from Uppercase Living. And the chairs were a great yard sale find on my first garage sale outing in Frisco. I was pumped - 4 chairs for $20!!! My favorite thing about this setup is the height. Kipp & I can both sit comfortably at the table, even our knees fit underneath! (I think that was unintentional, but great nonetheless!)

Because we loved this table so much, I wanted one in the kitchen for her to eat breakfast & snacks. I remember sitting at the "kids table" at my sitters when I was little, so I wanted Kella to have one too. I was so eager to get rid of her booster/kid chair that attached to our regular chairs because it was ruining our leather. We made this one the same height, but its rectangle. I stained it with a black poly/stain mix. The glossy finish makes for very easy cleanups! I am really happy with how it turned out. We are using 2 of the white chairs, which I will, eventually, make cushions for.