Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 4, 2011

Ryan Kate - 15 months

Our baby girl is now the big 1-5!!! Where did the time go? She has developed such a personality in the past few months. I would love to sit here and say that every thing is rainbows and butterfly's with this little one, but she is such a stinker. All I can say is ATTITUDE!!! And drama, I'm not sure I've seen a little one with such performances. Kipp & I can't help but laugh at the theatrical debuts we're seeing.
She definitely has a sweet side, she hugs everything and never meets a stranger...never! We were seeing a new doctor for Kella a few weeks back and she kept going up to a guy and wanting him to hold her...he was so fascinated by her (not in a creepy way!) She's typically happy, though she's going through a definite "hold me" phase.
She can say "Thank You!, Brrrrr, Puppy, Bye-Bye, Uh-oh, Momma, Daddy, a form of peek-a-boo, No Thank You and Muah!" She's been signing "More", "Eat" and "Drink" for some time now, but has learned to shake her head Yes & No and how to use them properly...very helpful!!! She's been walking now for about 6 weeks and maneuvers really well, no major falls...yet! Her eyes are still a little blue and she still has the brown smudge on her left eye. Hasn't had a haircut yet, but Kipp thinks it's getting a little mullet-ish, so it might be getting close. She LOVES Kella. She knows when we're picking her up from school and tries to pronounce Kella, sounds a little like Lah-Lah. Hopefully this will come soon! We're learning body parts and different animal sounds. She has been a bear for several weeks now, literally, holding up her hands and growling...it's precious! She is still eating like a champ and sleeps very well. I'm not sure how much longer her morning nap will last, some days she just plays, which makes me think she doesn't need it, but other days she'll sleep forever. Maybe it's me that's not ready to give it up yet!!!!
There's so many little things that are fascinating about her, not sure if it's sweetness will convey in writing, but it's amazing to me when she does something, does it right and I know it's something we haven't taught her. How does she know that when she's standing next to the bathtub, waiting patiently to get in, to lift each leg so that I can get her undressed more easily and without falling? When she stands in the bathtub and I say, "Sit down!" and she DOES IT!!! I find this fascinating. Another is how she mimics my every sound, which, by the way shows me how often I do this. Remember the guy from Police Academy who made all those sound effects, well, I do this without even realizing it, until of course, she does it too. People must think I'm crazy, but as long as my little girl likes it I will carry on.

Funny story....one day when I went in to get her from her morning nap this is how I found her...



which then led to this mini-photo session....did I mention my new camera!!!








I think this is becoming a trend...this is how I found her after the same nap, next day...