Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Birthday girl!

We started off Kella's birthday weekend by going to her favorite place for dinner, Babe's! It's become a tradition and this year some sweet friends came along to celebrate our big girl's big day! Eric & Lauren were so sweet to bring her a new barbie. Check out those shades on the puppy, hope she doesn't get any ideas for Spanky & Spencer!

Of course she had to do the chicken dance!

She wasn't feeling to well that night, but she was such a good sport nonetheless.

Here's our crew, Kipp, Jeff & Cheryl, Blake & Buddy.
Lauren & Eric, Gibbie, Me & the girls.
We decided to have Kella's 4th birthday here at the house this year. Since her obsession with everything princess hasn't dwindled in the slightest, what better way to celebrate than to throw the ultimate princess celebration...starting with the invitation. To set the theme, I requested the presence of those invited by using gold scrolls. We were keeping the list pretty short and since the majority were kiddos from her class or neighbors, I didn't have to worry about making them mail-able.
Kipp is the best! And by the best I mean, when I come at him with my ideas he doesn't say, "Are you kidding?!" He says, "Let me get my drill!" Okay, so not those exact words, but you get the idea. He's totally on board and plays along. He.is.the.B.E.S.T!!! I was bound and determined to have a round table at this party. One big enough so that all the little ones could sit together and see each other. I've never been too keen on long, rectangle tables for eating, you can't see everyone and conversation's aren't group discussions, usually it's just with the person sitting across from you. Is this too much, do these kids really need that much thought put into developing proper meal conversations.... you bet! Of course, my logic is we will totally use this table again. I'm always wanting to have dinner with more than 1 or 2 other couples, but that's all our kitchen table will afford and our dining room is currently a tv/play room for the girls. Moving on....here's Kipp, hero of my world, building this perfect size, perfect height table for this group of 4 year old's!!!
Here's the back porch, coming along nicely. I prayed for good weather, but we were prepared for the worst. Heaters were in place and we even bought a clear tarp to enclose the arbor. We had a poly-gal (sp?) top added to the top of the arbor a few months back, so it's now rain proof! The weather could not have been more perfect. It was a little windy, so we hung the tarp anyway which worked out great! The kids were able to play in the backyard, we could leave the doors open without freezing. Who knew we would have 60 degree weather in January!!! Thank you Lord!!!
Here's the favors given as the kids left. Again, Cinderella theme in mind, I made sugar cookies with the #4 in icing, found these great boxes with a clear lit, bought clear Cinderella shoes and attached a note saying, "And they lived happily ever after!"
Kella's had her eye on this cake for months at the grocery store! Food table.
Here's the finished table. Complete with personalized place mats and plastic goblets!
Here's a hug with sweet Will! I found this coloring castle at Target, which was perfect to keep them occupied until our "special guest" arrived. And here she is... Cinderella! As I mentioned on the invitations, we were keeping her a secret from the little ones. They were all soooo surprised, especially our birthday girl! Here they are making their introductions.
She spent most of the time playing games & dancing.
She even had a bag of crazy hats as they played the freeze game!
Now its time for the treasure hunt!
Once they found the treasure, it was time for face painting and balloon animals

Since Kella's actual birthday was Monday the 31st, she was able to have her school celebration the same day.
Here she is a getting a little embarrassed that her friends were singing to her!
For each child's celebration they let the family's come, bring snacks and the b-day boy/girl gets to pick their favorite book to have read to the class. (I didn't realize I was getting to read it until we got there.)
We got her a new singing machine, which I have no doubt will provide endless entertainment!
Another gift was this paint set of, what else, Cinderella. This masterpiece is now hanging in her bedroom window!
I got an idea for Thank You cards from Martha Stewart, so we did this little shoot a few weeks ago in the backyard. Thanks Martha!
As if this birthday girl hadn't had enough celebration, my sweet friend, Allison called on Monday with 2 of her season tickets to the Mav's!!! She thought Kella would like to end her birthday night at the game.....uh, yes please!!!! Kipp was pretty pumped about going too! Here she is in the jersey Allison bought for her when she took us to a game last season.




Thanks to everyone who came, called, sent cards, sent gifts and contributed to help make this a truly memorable birthday for our little princess! She is every color of our rainbow!