Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kella on Ice!

Looks like we found a hobby she likes, for now! First, she tested the waters with mom (see earlier post) which couldn't have gone smoother. So, we had our first lesson with someone a little more legit than mom. I was a little curious to see how she would handle not having someone to cling to, but she did great! I did my best to hide, so she wouldn't be tempted to come off the ice once she got frustrated or nervous, but I did manage to capture a few shots.


Here she's practically begging for her to hold her hands! Her teacher was awesome! Gave great encouragement and didn't grab her the second she asked for it, which I appreciated. I want Kella to know that not everything comes easily, and hard work definitely pays off. When we watch the more advanced classes, by advanced I mean the 7-10 yr olds who are learning to skate backwards, and Kella would notice how fast they could skate. What a great chance to teach her that they, too, started out in the same class as her and they all worked really hard to learn to skate like that. When I told her this she turned wide eyed and said, "they were in my class? Just like me?" "Yep! And if you work really hard, you'll be able to skate just like them and go so fast!"
Learning to march!
How does she motivate my little one to be so brave.... STICKERS!!!!