So, Saturday night I was lucky enough to get to attend the Silver Dollar Ball with the board members of Frisco Women's League. Anytime the league 'earns' money for other charitable contributions, they choose an event or charity to give that money back to, paying it forward, if you will... a few spots were open at the table and a drawing was held and low.and.behold my name was drawn!!! This event is North Dallas' version of the Cattleman's Ball all
benefiting the American Cancer Society and is held at the
XO Ranch in Aubrey, TX.
After losing my dad and 4 other family members to cancer, I was thrilled at the opportunity to contribute. Kipp & I choose a charity, fundraiser or our church each week to give our tithe. Since my ticket was provided by the league, the money went to the silent auction!!! I am excited to say that I ''won'' laser hair removal in the auction...something Kipp desperately needs on his neck!!!
The entertainment for the evening was Mark Chestnut. He's been a little off the scene for awhile, but as the night went on I recognized more songs than I thought I would..."Going through the Big D, and I don't mean Dallas" was a great way to end the night, oh, along with a serenade to some guy's lucky wife. During the live auction, a personal serenade by, yep, Mr. Chestnut himself went for a whopping $3,000!!!

In a band full of your typical country looking men, this guy seemed a little out of place...he rocked that steel guitar ALL NIGHT =D


It was all so official, this was the 'security' who roamed the grounds looking for anyone
stirrin' up trouble!

Inside the tent. It was all very clever, black leather couches, cowhide ottomans, saddles made into bar stools, (I so wanted a pic sitting on these, but my dress just wouldn't allow it) they even used diamond-plated tool boxes for coffee tables!

Here we are at table #8. The glittered boot was our center-piece.

More members of the
posse!

Entry to the event. Check out my new distressed, vintage cowboy boots. Happy Mother's Day to me!!! Thanks girls!