Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Playtime with Camille
I've mentioned her before, but Kella's best buddy from her "big girl school" is Camille. On Friday, Camille's parents were moving into a new house and I've never done it, but I figured moving with a 3 year old in tow would be.... um, let's just say FRUSTRATING!!! So we invited C over to spend the day and let her mom get some things done. The morning started in the back yard, lots of bubbles, swinging, sliding, t-ball and soccer. After I upholstered a headboard, we kept the cardboard tube that the batting came on. Kipp makes the funniest noises with this, imagine tribal calls, whoops & hollers, but our favorite is his impression of a very realistic COW! We keep this magical toy on the back porch and the girls found it. They got so tickled going back & forth.

The girls loved sporting their wigs, which led to a big lesson on taking turns since both of the girls LOVE the color blue. Here they are when Camille spotted the golf cart parked in the back. She asked me to hold her toys 'cause she had to "head to the beach!"
Finally, snack time.
Now.... on to the front yard. Another opportunity to share =) Of course we only have one tricycle, one scooter and one bike. Is this what it's like to have twins..?!?...just curious!
I do have to say a BIG thank you to our sweet neighbor Cooper. He's 5 and whenever he feels like he's outgrown a toy he passes it to Kella. That's where she got this rockin' red scooter. She also gets a ton of use from his old sit 'n spin. Thanks Coop!
After lunch it started getting pretty warm outside, Ryan woke up and the girls were running a little slower than before, so I pulled the couch around and popped in Horten.
If you know Kella you know she LOVES and must have her green blanket. We do have a back-up for emergencies (the exact blanket in pink) which comes in handy when the green one is getting a "bath". It was fun to see that Camille has the exact green blanket! Could this be the tie that binds these two girls? Could it be that her mommy & daddy are also from Oklahoma and many road trips are made going to see them? Could it be that Camille, too, has a baby sister only 2 mo. older than Ryan. Whatever it is, these girls HEART each other! There's nothing like a sweet friend! Seeing these two girls lets me know it was the best decision letting her start "school". It was a big decision because of her health, but one that I will never regret. She is experiencing more than I could've ever shown her. We are so thankful!