To give a little background info - I re-did one of our bathrooms this Spring, paint, mirror, the whole nine. We have a couple of those 2 step stepstools for the girls, but it was doing havoc on the outside of the cabinet. I asked my handyman-hubby if he could build me one instead with the perfect dimensions that would fit just inside the cabinet & is long enough for them both to stand on....voila! Since it stays inside the cabinet the majority of the time I didn't mind at all that Kella wanted this to be her very own creation too!
Also, notice my new purchase in the background. I found an old church pew that is the perfect size for the girls. It's been sitting outside for the last few years so it's a little weathered, which is perfect!!! I'm thinking it will go in Kella's room. It's the perfect length to go in front of her window, now all I need is to make some pillows, possibly a cushion, but not before it gets a good scrubbin'! Did you know you can use oven cleaner to strip paint, I sure didn't! If you have paint on ceramic or wood just grab a can of oven cleaner from the dollar store, coat it & wash it off! I want the pew to stay white so I won't be attempting this, but it's good to know for future projects!We went to Lowe's where K picked out the perfect shade of PINK, what else?!?!?
Ryan didn't quite understand how the paint stayed wet, she kept putting her hand smack in the middle to balance then would look in amazement at the perfectly painted palm of her hand. She didn't last long on this project.
Kella's still deciding on what's going on top....I will probably paint one hand of each girl, date it and call it good, but it's so sweet to see how proud she gets every time she uses her new stool....Thanks DAD!!!