Little Ryan turned the big 10 weeks old today. We were invited to the "Materna-tea" at the Birth Center. Usually its held once a month, hosting all the new moms & babies born the previous month. Because of the holidays, today's tea hosted those babies born the end of Oct and Nov & Dec babies. We munched on snacks while each mom told their "birth experience". I feel very lucky to be part of such a special place with such history. I get asked all the time about what goes on there, what's the protocol, what about pain medicine, are you in a bath tub (jeez!), what if there's complications etc. etc.... Because I have been fortunate enough to have fairly easy births, I'm not really sure how to answer. Most of the stories I heard today had either complicated labor, births or both. A couple of the girls ended up being admitted to Baylor hospital. It was so interesting to hear how it was handled, procedures that were avoided allowing these women to have a delivery like they had hoped for, whether Cherie delivered them at the BC or hospital. I have complete confidence in Cherie & her staff, which is not the feeling I get from some doctors I've seen. What a special day!
We ended our visit with the traditional circle of babies. So, so sweet!