Like I said earlier, the whole process of having Ryan took 2 hours. Mom & Aunt Martha arrived at our house around 9 pm. My SWEET, SWEET friend Allison had been staying with us the previous week in case I went into labor during the night. That way we wouldn't have to worry about where to take Kella. This was such a relief to know she was here. She was also my timer for contractions. As I made the numerous laps around the living room she would document my contraction progress. She and Aunt Martha stayed at the house while we headed down. They require us to stay 4-6 hours after the birth before coming home, which ended up being 6:30 am. Skip & my cousin Casey left Sallisaw at 11pm and had only made it to Atoka when Ryan arrived. I loved that everyone got to share the experience with us. I laugh at Allison, she couldn't get over how we left and came back home 6 hours later and had a baby! What a special night (or morning)!

This is Kella meeting Ryan for the first time! We waited for her to get up on Friday morning and was immediately thrilled because of all the company. When she came in our room I showed her my belly and said "mommy went to a special doctor and look! Ryan isn't in mommy's belly any more!" Of course this created nothing but a puzzled look on her face!
They brought Ryan over and she really didn't have anything to say except, "put her back in the crib!" Guess it was going to take a little more soaking in!