To follow up to a previous post, something about feeling selfish......November is my birthday month and each year it seems I am blessed to have a celebration that feels like it lasts all month long....this year was no different!
I headed to the big apple to celebrate my 33rd with a neighbor & friend, April, and 2 of her friends, Stacy & Christi. Turns out it was Stacy's 40
th birthday as well!!!
We caught a glimpse of the statue of liberty as we flew in...

Our driver to & from the airport...he was awesome!!!

First stop... 2 boots pizza at Grand Central!


Turns out, the tree lighting at
Rockefeller was the night we got there...here's the crowd waiting for the festivities...it was MADNESS!!!

The tree before the lighting...

Macy's

Heading in for the Rockettes!


I have to admit, I wasn't too excited to see this show. We lucked out and scored tickets on the 15th row... and I have to say now, It.was.amazing!!!!!!!! A must see for sure!!!!








Kella was so excited to see a pic of the blue M&M in Times Square!!!!

The tree AFTER the lighting. Needless to say, we didn't stick around for the actual lighting. There was amazing italian food to be had in Little Italy!!!

Here we are back at Rockefeller for the Today show. Yep, it's dark. 5 am. Only 2 hours of sleep. But there we were. Starbucks in hand. Ready for our television debut!



Guest of the day, taking donations for their annual Toy Drive was Justin Long. If you didn't see the show that morning, he tried to snag my camera to stick in the toy bag, scoring us some lengthy air time!!!!


Some guys (foreign), were nice enough to take our picture in front of Miss Liberty...where is she, you ask? Right behind my big 'ole noggin! Oh well, these are only 1/4th of the pics taken on this trip. I know the other girls got a good one....thanks anyway guys!!!

She's so big, yet so small!

Church left standing across from ground zero. This is where volunteers set up to help assist in those in need of medical attention...

It was awesome to see so many exhibits recognizing chiropractors & massage therapists that came to assist those volunteers that needed help themselves. The toll it took on their bodies and how "
they eased away physical strain, often bringing forth tears and stories from their patients with a touch."
Here's a piece of Oklahoma right in the middle of NYC!

What an emotional place!

Celebrating with some amazing chocolate at Max Brenner's.

Here's my sweet girl with some of her goodies. The only thing she can relate to NYC is the statue of liberty. I kept telling her, "mommy is getting on an airplane & going to see the statue of liberty." So I tried to relate her souveniers to fit image, hence the crown! She loves having her own coffee mug for hot chocolate so I couldn't resist these tiny I heart NY mugs!